The Academy is an autonomous institution governed by a Board of Management. The Board is headed by the Chairman and the chairmanship is rotated among the five Director General / Additional Director General / Inspector General of Prisons annually. The policy guidelines for the effective management of the Institute are drawn by Board. The Board meeting is held at every six months to review the activities and policies of the Academy.
Composition of the Board:
- Director General of Prisons & Correctional Services, Andhra Pradesh.
- Director General of Prisons & Correctional Services, Kerala.
- Addl. Director General of Police (Prisons), Tamil Nadu.
- Addl. Director General of Police & Inspector General of Prisons, Karnataka.
- Director General of Prisons & Correctional Services, Telangana.
- Director (SR), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Director (Research), Bureau of Police Research & Development, Government of India, New Delhi (Co-opted Member).
Secretary: The Director of the Academy is the ex-officio secretary of the Board.
Members of the current Board of Management: Click here